Females Bodybuilder Photos Gallery

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christy Resendes Interview

Where and when were you born?

I was born in New Bedford Massachusetts on November 20th 1977

What is your profession?

Modeling pays the bills, but bodybuilding is my way of life.



What do you do for fun that does not relate to the sport, do you have any hobbies?

All kinds of stuff, I love to draw, play video games, dance, cook, and hang out with family and friends. I love to travel and enjoy trying new things.

How and when did you get involved in weight training?

My mother decided that she was going to compete in her 1st bodybuilding show in 1992. After seeing her win her first bodybuilding show, I thought to myself that it would be cool if I could win that same show next year. So when I was 15, three months before the 1993, show I started to weight train. I won first place and I have been hooked ever since.



How often do you train and could you give a brief overview of your weekly workout?

Currently I am off season and I train a minimum 4 times per week and max 14 times per week. I am always changing up my training style and methods. However, I always separate weight training sessions from cardiovascular training. For example, I may end up doing cardio in the morning and lifting at night, or I might just weight train and not include cardio at all. I like to keep my muscles guessing.

Mon. 9am 45mins Stairmaster on lvl 5
4pm Back: 3 sets/ 6-8 reps
exercises: Dead lifts, Dumbbell Rows, Lateral Pull downs alternating grips,
Pull ups, and lower back extensions
Tue. 9am 45mins Elliptical on hill training lvl 7
4pm Legs: 3 sets/ 6-8 reps
exercises: Squats, Lunges, Leg press, Leg extensions
Stiff leg dead lift, lying leg curls, Seated leg curls
Calve press, Seated Calve raises, Donkey calve raises
Tur. 4pm Chest: 3 sets/ 6-8 reps
exercises: Flat, Incline, Decline Bench press, Cable flies
Fri. 4pm Abs & Forearms: 3 sets/ 8-50 reps
exercises: Ab crunch Machine, Oblique machine, Hanging leg raises
wrist curls with rope, Dumbbell wrist curls, Barbell wrist curls
Sat. 9am 45mins Stairmaster on lvl 5
4pm Bi’s & Tri’s: 3 sets/ 6-8 reps
exercises: Dumbbell curls, Concentration curls, Hammer curls, Skull crushers
Close grip bench, Triceps Over Head Press, Tricep Dips, Tricep Extension
Sun. 9am 45mins Elliptical on hill training lvl 7
4pm Shoulders & Traps: 3 sets/ 6-8 reps
exercises: Hammer strength press, Front lateral raise, Dumbbell shoulder press
Dumbbell shrugs, Barbell shrugs, Upright rows

How critical is a good diet in this sport and why?

Very, very, very critical it’s what helps replenish muscles after training and keeps our metabolism high. It’s how we manipulate our body fat and hydration levels prior to a competition so that we get to see the cross striations in our muscles. Diet is a key element in this sport.

What is your favorite workout and why?

My favorite workout is a leg workout, because it’s my strongest body part and I love moving heavy weight.

Do you train harder for competition preparation versus training in the offseason?

I wouldn’t say harder, just differently. The goals in off season are to add mass, so I train with heavier amounts of weight and less cardiovascular training. Competition prep is to lean out and maintain mass so cardio levels increase and the amount of weight used decreases and reps increase.

Did you want to compete from the day you started or did you gradually come in to it?

I started lifting with the intention to compete in a bodybuilding show 3 months after starting. I knew what I wanted and threw myself into the bodybuilding world.

When and what was your first competition and how did you do?

10/16/93 - ANBC Whaling City Bodybuilding Championships , 1st Place Overall, Best Poser (age 15) I killed it.

How often do you compete now?

I compete once per year. I would love to compete more but the cost of competing is high.



Could you list the competitions you have competed in and your placement?

10/16/93 - ANBC Whaling City Bodybuilding Championships, 1st Place Overall, Best Poser (age 15)
10/30/04 - ANBC-New England Natural Bodybuilding & Figure Championships, Novice and Open Women Overall 1st Place, Best Poser
11/04/04 - ANBC-U.S. ANBC Naturals Bodybuilding, Figure & fitness Championships, Open Women Tall 1st place - Earned Pro Status
04/23/05 - Muscle Mania Atlantic, Open Women 1st place
05/08/05 - NPC-2005 New England Bodybuilding & Fitness Championships, Heavy Weight 2nd place
08/20/2005 - NAS-2005 Hudson River Strongman 1st place - Qualified for Nationals
09/24/2005 - NPC-Northeastern Tournament of Champions Bodybuilding, Fitness, & Figure Championships In conjunction with Massachusetts State Bodybuilding Championships Placing: 2nd in both shows and Qualified for Nationals & Team Universe
10/08/2005-IFPA InShape Online.com Pro Classic, Placing: 2nd
11/05/2005- INBF Monster Mash, Placing: 4th
11/19&20/2005 –MuscleMania World, Placing: 3rd
04/1/2006 –NAS- Stronger than All 2, Placing: 5th in the women’s heavy weight
2006 NGA Pro Universe - 6th Place
2006 NGA Granite State Open* - Overall Bodybuilding Champion & 1st Place in Heavyweight *Awarded NGA Pro card
2006 IFPA US Capital Pro Classic - 5th Place
07/13&14/2007 Team Universe Bodybuilding & Fitness Championships National level Competition - 3rd Women’s Heavyweight
03/5&7/2008 Arnold Amateur IFBB International Bodybuilding, Fitness, and Figure Championships - 5th Women's Middleweight
07/25/2009 NPC USA Bodybuilding, Fitness and Bikini Championships – 9th Woman’s Light Heavyweight

In your opinion what is your best body part?

I think my quads are my best body part.



Is women’s bodybuilding as respected as men’s bodybuilding or is it criticized more?

Good question, in my opinion I think that the general population has a preconceived notion of what is feminine and what is considered masculine. In general it is acceptable for a male to be muscular, but the feeling I get from the general public about female bodybuilders is usually more criticized.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In 10 years I will be retired, still bodybuilding, own some real-estate properties, invested in stocks, owing businesses, and traveling the world. Oh and I will be financially independent ;-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...