Females Bodybuilder Photos Gallery

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Kelly Hansen Interview



Where and when were you born?

April 19, 1987 in Worcester MA

What is your profession?

Personal Trainer and bartender

What do you do for fun that does not relate to the sport, do you have any hobbies?

I like reading, I am a bookworm

How and when did you get involved in weight training?

Ive been lifting and working out seriously for about 2 years now but I have always been active all of my life.

How often do you train and could you give a brief overview of your weekly workout?

I train 6 days a week and train my legs two out of the six days. Legs are my favorite to workout because for me I feel like they need the most work . I also do cardio 6 days a week. some days more intense then others.

How critical is a good diet in this sport and why?

Diet is crucial.

I didn't start seeing results on my body until I made the commitment to myself to buckle down on a high protein, 6 small meals a day diet.

What is your favorite workout and why?

Leg day! Its the most challenging to me.



Do you train harder for competition preparation versus training in the offseason?

I train harder off season trying to make gains. Although I am alot more strict with my diet come competition season. Everything counts!

Did you want to compete from the day you started or did you gradually come in to it?

NO, I was very scared of the word "competition". For two years my co-workers tried convincing me to compete. Two weeks before my first show, I decided to jump in! I certainly threw everyone a curve ball!

When and what was your first competition and how did you do?

My first competition was this past November. I competed in the 2009 Nancy Andrews INBF monster mash. I placed 3rd overall in bikini!

How often do you compete now?

I have 3 shows coming up in the spring and plan to compete in a couple in the fall as well.

Could you list the competitions you have competed in and your placement?

Nancy Andrews Monster Mash- 3rd overall in bikini

In your opinion what is your best body part?

My biceps or my shoulders



Is women’s bodybuilding as respected as men’s bodybuilding or is it criticized more?

I think it is criticized more by people who are not knowledgable in the sport.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In 10 years I hope to have my pro card and I hope I continue to push myself and continue to achieve my goals in life
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...