Females Bodybuilder Photos Gallery

Monday, December 28, 2009

Leslie Jones Interview



Where and when were you born?

I was born in Meriden, Connecticut, March 1, 1972.

What is your profession?

I am a mom, an Operations Coordinator (civil service employee) at Ft. Bragg, North Carolina, a Real Estate Broker and a personal trainer although I don’t train clients right now…not enough time!

What do you do for fun that does not relate to the sport, do you have any hobbies?

I love to read, cook, shop, rollerblade and spend time at the beach…just to name a few.

How and when did you get involved in weight training?

I was an aerobics instructor who met another aerobics instructor who also weight trained and invited me to go with her…I’ve been hooked ever since!



How often do you train and could you give a brief overview of your weekly workout?

I train 5-6 days a week: Monday is back, Tuesday bis and tris, Wednesday is leg day, and Thursday is chest and traps and shoulders on Friday. Saturdays are usually just a little cardio or a day off and Sunday is hamstrings/glutes or cardio…just depends…

How critical is a good diet in this sport and why?

The diet is the MOST critical part of bodybuilding. I’ve worked out for many years and thought I ate healthy but have learned so much. What you eat and dedication to your nutrition plan is the hardest part but the most important!

What is your favorite workout and why?

I love leg day. My legs are coming along very well and receiving compliments inspires me to work even harder!



Do you train harder for competition preparation versus training in the offseason?

I train hard all the time but my dedication never waivers during competition preparation.

Did you want to compete from the day you started or did you gradually come in to it?

I have always wanted to compete but never had the courage until I met someone who had competed in the past and helped me, taught me, and guided me through the process.

When and what was your first competition and how did you do?

My first competition was an NPC show in June, 2009 (Gold’s Classic). I placed first in the lightweight division.



How often do you compete now?

I competed again in November 2009 (Elite Muscle Classic) and plan to do a few shows this year.

Could you list the competitions you have competed in and your placement?

The two I mentioned above are my only ones so far.

In your opinion what is your best body part?

I would have to say my legs but everything is a work in progress!

Is women’s bodybuilding as respected as men’s bodybuilding or is it criticized more?

I do not think it is as respected. I believe there is a double-standard when it comes to male versus female bodybuilding. The sport of women’s bodybuilding should be revered and respected for the same discipline, desire, drive and dedication is required to be successful. We work just as hard as the men!



Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Owning my own fitness business and holding a PRO CARD!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...